Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will MS CRM Swallow Up The Competition...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davemcguigan

Technical User
May 8, 2001
What does anyone think about this?
There are a number of Outlook based CRM systems currently on the market, do people think they'll fold (or be "folded into" Microsoft) once MS CRM has got a strong foothold in the market?

I've been reading that MS has realized that Exchange just wasn't working out as a collaboration platform (a la Lotus Notes). I wonder if the product (including the Outlook client) will change to the point where such CRM systems run out of gas anyway?

I really wished I saved my e-mails. MS made an announcement about a new CRM type software package. I thought, "Wow, isn't that interesting.", but don't remember the name of the software. I'm not sure if it's true CRM, because it's supposed to be used for keeping track of projects, keep people in touch with each other, etc. Just a note.

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
"I only know that I know nothing."
Socrates (47-399 BC); Greek philosopher

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Thanks for the input.
Glen, do you mean a new package in addition to MSCRM? We haven't seen MSCRM over here yet firsthand, it's being shown / demoed at a seminar next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back