Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will most servers accept web pages created with 2002?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CindyBa

Technical User
Oct 22, 2001
US
I am taking a class to learn Front Page. It is taught in Front Page 2000, however when I went out to buy 2000 I could only find 2002 on the shelf. I understand that this may be a problem because most servers only accept 2000 at present.

I saw a posting where someone said that most servers will not support 2002. Am I stuck with a version that won't let me publish my web pages that I will be doing?

If all I can find is 2002, am I going to be able to publish web pages easily or will it be a nightmare for a new person?

Thank you for your replies,
Cindy

Just verify with your hosting company, before you pay them that they support 2002. Yes it is true 2000 is still the standard but 2002 is phasing out the old quickly.
If you really want 2000, check e-bay I have seen copies as low as $65 in the past. DeZiner
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember that amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic

Do I read you correctly that eventually most servers will accept 2002? If so, what time frame does "eventually" usually happen in?

What happens to people who submit in older versions once 2002 becomes acceptable?

Have you tried 2002 and found it better than 2000?

Thank you in advance for your replies,
Cindy

A server that accepts 2000 will also accept 2002. I have that problem with my hosting provider. Some features, however, will not work--coloring the shared borders, the new navigation button structures. You can still publish without any problems.

Linda Adams

I use FP2002 most of the time and our host supports 2000. I keep 2000 around only for the navagation bars which changed for 2002. Other than that I have no problems.

I am hoping our host upgrades soon.

I do like FP2002 better but admit to being a bit disappointed - I was hoping the FP2002 Photo Gallery would be nice, and it isn't. It's useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back