Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will MAT 6.67 run on Win XP Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiom

Technical User
Sep 13, 2004
I want to move MAT 6.67.07fg to a new PC that is running Win XP Pro (SP2). We have an Option 11e.

When it was originally installed, the PC was setup as dual-booting, Win 98se and XP Pro, because the telecom engineer said that MAT 6 will not run on XP. That was 3 years ago. Is this still the case? The telecom company don't support MAT 6, just sell it and install it.

If version 6.67 is not compatible with XP Pro, are there any downloadable patches or upgrades available (if so, where will I find them), or am I stuck with it on Win 98?

Ste

I don't think MAT is supported with XP since this first was supported in OTM 2.1 which replaced MAT.

i2007

From what I can recall MAT stopped at 98 and NT. That's when everything went to OTM.

no because mat needs ras & xp doesn't have ras

You need to upgrade to OTM. Current version is OTM 2.2

There are some upgrade programs for it. Probably need to re-install the system like if it was new. You should!

I just went through this. MAT will only install on 98 second edition and NT. I am upgrading to OTM and have to use service pack 3 along with selecting the ILLS in the software selection of my computer before you install the OTM.

Your Option 11E is no longer supported either, just keep it on Win98.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back