Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will MAT 6.5 work with either W2k or XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsak

MIS
Mar 5, 2003
US
It says that it is compatible with 95/98/NT4.0 but i was wondering if anyone has tried, or knows, if it is compatible with either W2k or XP.

Thanks,
=Jsak

No, and it's a retired product. You will need to upgrade to OTM 2.1. It will suppport W2K and XP.

I had a feeling that was going to be the answer. I knew it was retired, we might be moving to Voice over IP in the next year so they don't want to update MAT to OTM unless they decided to keep our current phone system. Looks like I'll have to dig around for a W98 CD to get it back up and running again.

Thanks for the quick answer KC.
=Jsak

If you are doing Nortel VOIP then you will need OTM. So you might be getting it anyway.

Oh forgot one other thing. In XP if you go to START>PROGRAMS> ACCESSORIES>PROGRAM COMPATABILITY WIZARD and select the OS that you would like to try to open the program with it will go back all the way to windows 98SE or even windows 95. It is a good little tool that not to many people know about. It doesn't always work thought, so give it a shot and let me know.

I have tried it on Different PCs with W2k and could not get it to work
Please Let me know if it works on XP
Thanks

Serge9

it won't even load on XP as soon as you run setup it says "operating system not supported" and exits... oh well.

Don't run it using XP use the instructions above and it will try to load it as if you were running another version of Windows (i.e. Win95, Wind 98)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back