Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will it be a problem to migrate the Old NICE Perform rel 3, SMB DB to NIM 4.1 SMB 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NICETadpole

Technical User
Aug 28, 2013
ZA
Hi Geniuses.
I have been asked by a client if there are any issues or important considerations when upgrading an Old NICE Perform rel 3, SMB system to the new 4.1 SMB. The main focus is the DB migration right now. Can anyone help me as I have been on extranice but the only DB migration documents are 3.0 to 3.1/3.2/3.5 but nothing concerning the BIG jump from 3.0 to 4.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated or even a document to understand the considerations or speed bumps.

Best Regards
NICETadpole

I would recommend not to make a migration as such at all if not critically necessary

best and cleaner results are when old system is kept as "read only" system and a new powerfull modern recording system is installed.

If migration is needed by customers reason, then Nice Systems themselves will assist you with all the considerations (at least they try) that the current systems DBs can have in order to be migrated.

If you are not the customer but the installer, be careful assesing the data customer has currently.
I am on a hurry because the migration tool of Nice, just ignored months and months of all recordings, and they are not willing to fix it, so its better take a long time to make an inventory of the recordings you have.

Good Success

=== having a NICE time with NICE ===

Migrations are problematic even in the best of times. Every migration has to be staged in lab where the production databases are migrated and verified and then the migration is conducted in the wild. Migrations cannot be attempted casually by non-experts - it will end in tears. In fact, a few have ended in tears for my team of pros :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back