Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will CE9's APS database run on Oracle 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernstmik

Programmer
Nov 5, 2003
US
Will CE9's APS database run on Oracle 10?

Hi,
The data can be migtated from one to the other, but, as far as I know, the CE10 system cannot use the CE9 APS.

And , just to nitpick, CE dos not run ON the APS ( CMS now) but USES the database..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I need to be more careful with my wording. Will CE9's APS be able to use Oracle 10 as it's database? We currently have CE9 and it is using Oracle 9i as its database. Our database team wants to upgrade all Oracle 9i databases to Oracle 10. Oracle 10 is not listed on the Platforms.txt for CE9 APS databases but then again the Platforms.txt was written prior to the release of Oracle 10.

In summary:

We are using CE9.
CE9's APS database is using Oracle 9i.
We want to upgrade Oracle 9i to Oracle 10.
We will still be using CE9 but hopefully connecting to an Oracle 10 APS database.

Hi,
As far as I know, as long as the Oracle client on the CE machine can communicate with your 10G database ( and the 9i client can, but you might as well upgrade your server's client software) it should be fine..

Be sure the CE system is down, of course, when moving the data from the 9i to the 10g .( I am assuming they are going to export from 9i, install 10G, import).

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back