Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will After Effects CS4 clash with CS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollyhowe

Technical User
May 10, 2010
GB
Just a quick question, i have Creative Suite 3 installed on my iMac. I have just received a copy of After Effects CS4, will i be able to install AE CS4 onto my computer and keep Creative Suite 3 installed and will they both work fine.

It might sound like a stupid question but i wasn't 100% sure if you could have software from different versions of Creative Suite installed on the same computer.

Any help would be great thanks.
Olly

Yes, you can have multiple versions installed simultaneously. I have Master Collection CS3, CS4, and CS5 installed on the same machine.

Just make sure that you install the earleir version first. Installing CS3 after CS4, for example, can cause problems.

But the main point to remember is :

Once you move your projects up to CS4, continue to move forward. You won't be able to read them in CS3 once they're saved as CS4 files (not that you'd want to).

Hi Todd! First time poster long time listener?

Ko Maruyama
Free Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back