Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Will a .rpt file open without Crystal Reports software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dausa67

Technical User
Oct 1, 2008
US
Good morning,
Question:
Is it possible to get my sql statements from old Crystal Report files that I have on my PC?

The problem (short version):
Many years ago my company bought me Crystal Reports XI.
My company paid for my training to use CR XI.
My PC crashed and my MIS department decided not to replace my CR XI.
The only way that I can use the sql from any of the over 1,500 reports that I have built over the years is to send a old report to them and they will extract the sql statement and send it back to me. That seems fair (not really) but it takes them weeks to do this and get it back to me. This is the reason I am trying to find another way to extract the sql statements from reports that I have already built over the years.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Clay

I think I have heard of third party solutions that will extract information out of the report file. But another way is to get a trial version of CR and work real fast before the trial runs out.

Or, if you have Visual Studio, you can download Crystal for Visual Studio from here: (get the Install Executable.) This will give you the ability to open reports from within Visual Studio without any limitations.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back