Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WIFI not working although internet access to local area connection is working good

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahm1985

Programmer
Dec 6, 2012
EG
Hi i have linksys router have internet dsl is OK good
and generate wireless also is OK WiFi
suddenly WiFi not working
i can see my WiFi network i created but when i write user name and password not accept although
my username and password are correct
after 3 day or 4 day I write user name and password WiFi working without any problem
i don't know why this problem happen
when this problem happen i cannot access WiFi wireless
and also cannot obtain dhcp ip in local area connections in any computer
my router ip is 192.168.1.1

I have seen that sometimes with similar devices, and usually I have to power the router off and then power it up again before it works.

If that doesn't work, then I would do a factory reset on the router and set it up again from scratch: someone could have hacked in and changed settings if the passwords were the defaults, so make sure you set the admin password as soon as you set it up.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

When this happens, make sure you can ping the 192.168.1.1 address. If not then do what Dave has said and reboot the router. You might also try and reboot the computer if it's only one causing the problem. Try and ping from each one if there is more than one causing a problem. You might also try and log into it and see if there are any error logs that stand out. Just a thought. Good luck.

Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
Benjamin Franklin

Just curios, what ever happened to your issue? Is it working? Have you tried ipconfig /release renew? thanks..

Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none.
Benjamin Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back