Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wifi distribution in all concrete motel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2013
US
I have a customer with a 5 story all concrete (walls, ceiling, floors everything) motel.
I have been putting in some wifi antenna's (engenius enh202) that work fairly well since I have access to storage rooms on each end and a storage closet up and down in the middle of the motel.
Things work fairly well but not great and I would like to know what other brands and models of ap's I might look at in the future since this may come up again.
I may get him to allow me to put some on the exposed ceilings in the hallways if it comes to it but I have not read good reviews on any of the engenius ceiling mount devices.

I am open to suggestions since I am not a wifi engineer by any means and want to keep it simple (for me) and cost effective.

Thanks for any ideas

Ken

I've used EnGenius EAP 300 with very good results. These penetrate concrete / cinderblock walls nicely but there are definitely some limitations. They are 800mw access points that look like a smoke detector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back