Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wierd occurance in counterstrike with my voodoo 3..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeMountD

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
US
I currently have a voodoo 3 3000 running wickedGL drivers on an amd k6-2 with windows me.. and when in counterstrike i switch to open gl sometimes (most of the time) when i try and enter a game it just completely freezes counterstrike, and if i try and use direct 3d instead of open gl i only get like 15-20 fps.. any suggestions?

I think the problem is driver support!
Any driver updates available now are solely enthusiasts tweaking existing old drivers, much has changed in a short space of time, many new games have appeared,
and the obvious introduction of windows XP has made those drivers out of date and not properly optimised to run newer games.
Then there is the fact that the Voodoo 3 although a fine card in it's time is barely entry level by todays standards, many of todays onboard VGA solutions would outbenchmark this aging hero.
It may just be time to upgrade. Martin Please let members know if there advice has helped any.

Excellent post Martin, you've hit it on the head. Voodoo3 is 1998 technology running a 2001 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back