Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wierd IIS Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi

I am hoping soeone can help. I am using IIS 5.1 and Windows XP Professional. The rpoblem that i am striking is that after using internet explorer for a while to check out my updates it will stop bringing the pages up that i am trying to see. The only way that i can start viewing these again, or even use the internet, at the moment is to restart the computer and then it is alright again for another 10 or 20 times.

I think that this is an IIS problem as it seems to struggle to find a conection.

Can someone help out there???

I can't answer your question, but can I ask one of my own.? I'm also using WinXP Pro with IIS 5.1, but am unable to view any of my web-pages..

>> do you need to start the (I expect yes)? I seem unable to.

>> to view the pages on the server-machine, do you go to ?? (I'm not on a network)

Thanks... hope you get to the bottom of your problem

Jonathan

Looks like a caching problem. But I need details.
Is it hapend just when you are accessing an ASP page from your server? Please try to detail the conditions. Gia Betiu
m.betiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5

I'm also experiencing these similar issues. Seems about once every 24 hours I need to reboot in order to get the internet again.
I'm searching other avenues but quite frankly I'm stymied.
If the original author writes back and this starts to get resolved I want in on the fix.

I have installed IIS 5.1 on my windows XP. I can not call
up any asp pages (HTML are fine). The pages that I am trying to load are the ones you can install with IIS. I get The page cannot be displayed HTTP 500 - Internal server error. In the Home Directory it has asp pointing to c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll

I am having a similar problem using IIS 5.1 and Windows XP Professional. I can see my ASP pages, but the Request.Form collection isn't working right. I do not have a cache tab on Application Configuration. It appears that the form posts correctly when posting to itself, but not correctly when posting to another form. Any help is appreciated.

my answer may not be helpful, how much memory do your guys have in the server ??

I have 256mb RAM. I am testing a simple form with only one input and a submit. When clicking the submit it should post the value in the submit to the action page input but it doesn't. No content is being posted to the action page using either GET or POST methods. This is also repeated on IIS 4.0 and NT 4. What am I doing wrong?

I'm a asp developer, and I experienced problem with IIS 5.1. After testing and debugging my asp pages, IIS starts giving me error saying "too many users connected"

I noticed that IIS 5.1 doesn't give the option to increase number of concurrent connections to any number under 40, like you could do it with IIS 5.0.

Do any of you guys experienced same problem?

IIS 5.1 under XP Pro is limited to 10 concurrent users (same as Win2K Pro). Only the server versions of 2k and beyond allow unlimited connections.

I DELETED MY PROFILE TEXT DOCUMENT AND NOW MY DEFAULT WEBSITE IS GONE PLZZ HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back