Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Wieghted Averages

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatBradley

Programmer
Aug 9, 2002
US
I have an audit report where I start with a possible score of 100
If an audit question answer is equal to N/A I need to subtract that questions point value from the possible 100
If more then one question has N/A for an answer then I need to sum those questions point value together and subtract that from 100.

In short:
X=100
Y=0
If Questions 1 thru 25 = N/A then Y = the sum of those questions
Final result = X-Y

Any takers?

Is this report grouped somehow? Sample data and a layout would help.

You can create a formula that would return the point value for questions that have an answer of "N/A":

//@N/A Answers
if {table.answer} = "N/A" then
{table.points}
else

You then need to create another formula for the grouping or the Grand total so that you can subtract the N/A points from 100. Make sure you only use tha appropriate statement below:

//@Display
100 - sum({@NN/A Answers}) //use this line only if this is for a grand total and place the formula in Report Footer
100 - sum({@NN/A Answers},{table.grooupfield}) //use this line only if this is for a group total and place the formula in that Group Footer

~Brian

Thanks Bdreed35

This data is actually on the detail level and grouped by reviewee.
I don't want to penalize them if a question is not applicable to them.

Here's a sample of what the last developer had to determine the possible score for each audit. a reviewee can have multiple audits.
There are 729 lines of code. I need to fix that.

if({@Q3} = 3) then 100 -3
else if ({@Q3} = 3 and @Q4 = 3) then 100 -7
they touched every question scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back