Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Width of Fieldset not working in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.
95% of what? Does the fieldset have a parent with a defined width? I see its inside a <p> element which is inside a div with an Id of "content" which is inside something else.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

I am fairly new to CSS... If I open the page in Firefox, the fieldset streches across the page, if I open it in IE, it doesn't strech across the page (or 95% of the page).

Drew

I got a good question. Is your Firefox window maximized?

<.

Try to put a min-width:95% property on your fieldset in your CSS and see what that does.

<.

Thanks for the reply.

I removed the width: 95%; and replaced it with min-width: 95%; This still didn't make the fieldset strech out, but it did accomplish what I was trying to do, which was to keep the questions from wrapping (I know that they still could on a lower resolution).

Thanks,
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back