Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Width of Drop Down Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomer963

Technical User
Jul 5, 2000
US
I've got a piece of JavaScript for a drop down menu. The width of the menu is only as wide as the longest menu item. Is there a form attribute I could to specify how wide the drop down is? It looks really weird if there are two menus side-by-side and one is significantly longer than the other.

One thing you can do (and this is extremely crude; if there's a better way, by all means do it with code if you can) is just make the longest string for each drop-down menu the same length. The shorter ones just get spaces added to them or something. That's really crude and I don't recommend it, but it's a possibility. <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

If the drop down is made from tables, try adjusting the width of each of the tables to the same number....

that would have mixed results depending on the browser. Some browsers are likely to resize the drop-down to fit the table while others are likely to resize the table to fit the drop-down. <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back