Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WI-Fi Access to a Caravan Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRAIG2432

Technical User
Jan 23, 2007
GB
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I think you will be able to point me in the correct direction.

We carry out all the IT work for a caravan park in the UK. The customer now want to offer WI-FI access to the park. This I can do no problems at all. What I need help with is the authentication of users so the owner of the park can charge them for there usage. Has anyone done anything similar or can you point me in the right direction.

Regards

Craig

Yep I've used the PublicIP software for a short while and it does seem to do the job well for a free piece of software. I believe it can be set to work on it's own IP range and with its own DHCP server- which can be different to a range on an existing network for example.

Thanks.

I have setup a test envirmonet and it dose seam to do what it says on the tin.... I will post back hear later when I have some more results.

I would be keen to see your results of this and how easy it is to customise etc. This comes up quite a lot when discussing Wireless solutions with customers and how they can achieve 'Guest' access that is secure and logged.

Let us know how you get on.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back