Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why would calls fade in and out on a single phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELynes

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2011
One of my users, on a 7945, is experiencing calls fading in and out. She reports that it happens on different types of calls: cell phone, retrieving voicemail, from a land line, etc. QOS is set up end to end on her network link, to call manager. No one else in her office is experiencing this problem. Before I start switching out her hardware and cables, I thought I would see if anyone else has seen this.

Thank you,

Eve Lynes
elynes@tetonwyo.org

I've seen this but not isolated to a single user. Since it is isolated to just one user I'd try what's easiest. If the call is not actually dropping and assuming that the user is not seeing any messages on her phone (such as UCM Down, Features disabled) and assuming the user does not have a handset cord detangler (notorious), I'd start by just swapping the handset. If it's still occurring then swap the instrument itself and work my way out from there.

There's some more in depth debugging you can do, but probably unnecessary at this point.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back