Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why would Apache refuse to serve any pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadpool42

Programmer
May 24, 2004
Ok, I have a little bit of an unusual problem: I'm trying to run Apache 2.2 on my router. The router is running DD-WRT and Apache is installed via Optware.

I've gotten it to start, and according to netstat it's listening on port 8000, but when I try to connect with a web browser it just loads forever. Actually, according to the Live HTTP Headers plugin for Firefox, no request is even sent after the connection is made. I've also tried connecting by running telnet on the router itself, and it doesn't respond to the GET request.

The only thing I've changed in httpd.conf was the ServerName. I've tried setting LogLevel to "debug", but there's nothing interesting in the log. There's another web server running the router's administration interface, is there any way that could interfere even though it's on port 80?

Yes, I tried going to 192.168.1.1:8000, and it looks like a connection is made, but the page never loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back