Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why won't this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicChris

Programmer
May 30, 2001
GB
Hello,
Decided to ask this here coz i know there are a lot of helpfull ppl with loads more expertise than me :)

I've made a script to basically mark out a frameset depending on what browser ppl have. The form data is sent from the index page - - to the script.

The script source can be found here:

i've been playing around with it for hours, but still can't get it to work and don't know why.
It seems so simle but still will not work.

Many Thanks,
Chris G.

I'll be much easier for us to debug your script with some extra info. This is what your server says:

"The server has encountered a server error.
If this problem persists please inform the site administrator, it may be a scripting error in the program you are trying to access..."

If you look in your server-logs you might be able to find valuable information that helps you/us find the error.

Also, any info on wha tserver software, perl version, etc.
can be helpful. Often errors are due to some incompatibilities or even a little mistakein a config file.

HTH,
Zodiak

okie doke, Error log as follows:

[Fri Oct 26 12:52:35 2001] [error] [client 62.47.5.207] Premature end of script headers: /home/zigwebd/public_html/temp/cgi-bin/frames.pl
Execution of /home/zigwebd/public_html/temp/cgi-bin/frames.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
syntax error at /home/zigwebd/public_html/temp/cgi-bin/frames.pl line 27, near "; }"
elseif should be elsif at /home/zigwebd/public_html/temp/cgi-bin/frames.pl line 27.
[Fri Oct 26 12:52:19 2001] [error] [client 62.47.5.207] Premature end of script headers: /home/zigwebd/public_html/temp/cgi-bin/frames.pl
Execution of /home/zigwebd/public_html/temp/cgi-bin/frames.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
syntax error at /home/zigwebd/public_html/temp/cgi-bin/frames.pl line 27, near "; }"
elseif should be elsif at /home/zigwebd/public_html/temp/cgi-bin/frames.pl line 27.

...Ok just looked at that and saw that elseif should be elsif, i always thought it was elseif.
That's fixed it. Thanks for suggesting the error log, would never have found that myself.

Cheers,
Chris G.

all you need is to fix line 27 and line 50.
change the elseif to elsif.
this should do it :) (-:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back