Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why won't NAME & NUMBER caller id both show on phone display at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCM50

Technical User
Jul 21, 2005
US
Hello-

I'm an office end-user with a new 15 extension BCM50 with digital PRI lines - so full caller id info is present. I can see our system is getting both NAME and NUMBER from our phone vendor. My users complain that incoming calls show caller id NAME only on the handset display, and they must press "more" softkey button on the T7316e digitial handset to display the phone number. Why? I have confirmed no unusual settings via BCM Element Manager. What am I missing - why wouldn't the NAME and NUMBER both show at once, like they do on normal residential phones?

Having read the BCM PDF manuals, I see there are configurations that have caller id settings like "show number 1st" or "show name 1st" - but these options don't seem available to me, maybe because PRI extension moduals override this? I also see many Function Button handset settings (show static time, show call log, etc) some of us have enabled - does this matter to 2-line caller ID display?

Thanks for any help.

Joe

Your question is answered in the other BCM forum

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back