Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why won't my Windows Xp Pro station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooby316

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2003
US
Why won't my Windows Xp Pro station allow me to connect to my Windows 2000 Server. I keep getting an error when I click on change in the system properties/computer name. I select domain and type in the domain name (FCDC). It then takes about 30 seconds to tell me that my domian can't be connected. I try the server name (Fserver) which asks me for a password. I enter the details (Admin details) and after a while I get another error message saying the specified server cannot perform the requested operation. I have told the server that I can connect the station to a domain. Whats wrong!

You are using the Admin account from the domain to try joining? If so and still getting blocked give the admin permissions to add computers to the domain.

are the DNS settings on the xp box set to point to your win2k server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back