Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why won't my paragraph center

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmacster

Technical User
Jan 28, 2005
US
Here's the link

Under the area on left that says "Media Center" in the class blacklayer, the paragraphs are aligning left, even though the p for that is set to text-align center - even tried applying the class "center", but when open in DW, click on the p tag in the inspector and see the left align is applied. Cannot click on center or any other alignment. At first I thought it was the script, but even the last p in that div is just a non-breaking space comes up that way.

Ideas? Very frustrating.

Thanks,
Donna

Which browsers are you seeing this in? I have checked in IE7, FF3, Safari (WIN) and IE6 and the text in all of them appears centred. The only difference I am seeing is the position of the picture in that div changes because you are using nested tables to position it without resetting default margins and borders.

Steam Engine Prints

Hmm - FF 2 and Safari. I think part of it's the photo feed. I'll get to that tonight.

Thanks,
Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back