Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WHY WONT MY JAVABEANS COMPILE? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bublathejuggla

Technical User
Sep 21, 2002
GB
Hi All. i have this problem compiling javabeans from JSPs. My JSPs work fine and generate no errors when used without the javabeans. when the javabeans are used i get the error: could not compile class - NumberFormatException. there are no errors in the beans themselves as i have compiled these before without going via the JSP. i have been told that the javabeans will not compile as the error lies in the java code embedded within the JSP itself (i.e. code between the <% and %> tags). to detect this error (if one), i have used a giant try-catch statement encompassing all the code within the JSP and yet again, i get no errors. does anyone know any possible reasons for why this is happening?

please help

bob

You should post the error text. It sounds like it is your JSP that is not compiling rather than your bean. Also try isolating the exact point in the code that causes the error, then post that bit of code here.

petey

the JSP code and the javabean code are error free. please see my thread labelled: HOW DO I GET MY JSPs TO LOCATE MY JAVABEAN FILES?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back