Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why will my System DSN not show up for my metaframe clients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soy4soy

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2000
US
Running Terminal Server 4.0 (sp6), w/ Metaframe 1.8

Created a System DSN "ETools" which connects to a SQL server on a different server.

It works for me, an admin, but the DSN (a system DSN) does not show up for anyone else.

Randy Mitchell, Jack of all ITrades

Hi Randy

I had a simlar problem on a win 2k box running terminals servies. best way I could find round this is to logon to the server as new user. create the DSN and then, Right click on my computer. Go to properties Click on the User Profiles Tab. Now highlight the new user and click copy to.
This will bring a new box up. If you select (System Drive Letter):\Documents and Settins\All Users Click ok and then ok again this should sort it out for you,

Hi,

Have you got Application compatibility scripts running? Do you know if ODBC.CMD has been run? If not, re-run, log out (if possible, reboot) then try another user.

Cheers,
Carl.

Oh dear. I forgot to post my resolution.

I am a DumB (Dum-bee)

I forgot to put the server in Install mode as opposed to Execute mode. Basically I forgot to use the "Add/Remove Programs" util to set up the DSN.

Randy Mitchell, Jack of all ITrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back