Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why version 14 required ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTelco

Technical User
Aug 21, 2004
US
Good day folks. Our company bids from time to time on government/school cabling jobs. A recent RFP came to us, and among the zillions of pages of requirements was a requirement that we have Aut0Cad version 14 or EARLIER. I'm puzzled about that requirement. Not knowing the program yet, I ask here if there are version compatibily issues if they provide ver 14 drawings to us and we buy a newer version? So far I've been told that ver 14 is at least ten years old.

IF I can find v14 somewhere, what OS will it work with? Hopefully at least Win2k.

Thanks for your input.

I would ask the Government agency to clarify this requirement - I'd bet they just haven't updated the RFP language in years and may not really need it to be version 14. Most users of current AutoCAD have upgraded past ver 14 a long time ago, and were required to no longer use the older versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back