Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why text looks pixelated when chosen....

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikky0000

Technical User
Jan 12, 2009
Hi,using win 7 on Photoshop cs4.

for some reason, I've noticed that when I double click a text box to 'hightlight' it, it looks unclear, pixelated. etc.

image link

Maybe this was always there but it seems new. Can someone test this and let me know if they get the same thing.

Thanks.

Nikky.

Do you also see guide lines when you pull them from a ruler at the side of the document window?

Hi

For what is is worth when I tried this the type looked the same selected and not selected. However even 36 point type looked pixelated when I enlarged a the image on the screen a bit.

However when I blew up your type it looks to my like it has a thin light green outline applied to it.

Check and see if you have a color selected for the outline that is different then the base color.

Mike

I think spamjim was on the right track. that sounds like wireframe or preview (?) mode. I don't recall exactly what the mode is called. But you get to it by hitting ctrl+y, and you either hit it again to get out, or hit shift+ctrl+y. Either way you should be able to navigate to it in the View menu

I think spamjim was on the right track

Thanks for a vote of confidence but I wasn't really going anywhere specifically. [bigsmile]

My post was to simply indicate that there are some display features that are unique to the author and they should not be a concern for the end product. No one else will see these.

If the concern is for an easy way to preview fonts, one might want to make use of a font viewer app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back