Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why table double border??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huitzilopochtli

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
DE
Hi there!

I have the words "Please type your message here" enclosed in a border, but the border seems to be made up of TWO borders, instead of one single line.

This is the code I am using:

<table width=&quot;80%&quot; border=&quot;1&quot; cellspacing=&quot;1&quot; cellpadding=&quot;1&quot; bordercolor=&quot;D38F50&quot;>
<tr>
<td>
<div align=&quot;center&quot;><font face=&quot;Verdana&quot; size=&quot;2&quot; color=&quot;EDCDA9&quot;>
<b>Please type your message here</b></font></div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Is there a way I can get the border so that it comprises only one line?

Thanks and cheers

Huitzilopochtli

Just had a quick look at what I sent you and it doesn't look too good a better option would be to set the borsser value in the table to &quot;0&quot; and change your div tag as follows

<div align=&quot;center&quot; style=&quot;border-style:solid;border-color:#D38F50;border-width:1px&quot;>

and if the only reason for the table was to produce the border then you can dispense with it altogether
regards
Ian It's not a lie if you believe it!

| |

Hi NE4X4

Many thanks for your help.

It looks very pretty!

Grateful for your time.

Huitzilopochtli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor