Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why swapping from view to design view I have a different form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acamusc

Technical User
Apr 7, 2003
I designed a form that I use as a Sub-Form, it has 3 fields (columns) Date, Amount and Account Name.
When I swap from form view to design view it shows me a different form showing Date, Amount, Name of Account, Account Number and Cost Center.
In both views the title bar shows the same name. I found this problem when I was working with the whole form, main and sub form, because I had the same problem, the design view was OK but the form view shows something different in the sub form.
There is another form I use as sub form that is like the one that it shows (5 fields) in form view but it has a quite different name.
If someboby have had an experience like this I should thank some clues.
Thankin in advance
Augusto

Hi Augusto,

Check out the DefaultView property of the (sub)Form (on the Format tab in the Properties box). If it is set to DataSheet that is what you will see, regardless of how you design the form. Try changing it to Single Form or Continuous Forms.

Enjoy,
Tony

Thanks a lot Tony, it seems my 67 yo is not helping me so much, you were quite right, I missed it up.
Cordially,
Augusto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back