Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

why so sluggish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lehel

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
US
I don't know if it's a setting or what but Interdev is taking forever to load pages and takes forever to load a page when I click on design view. How do I fix it so that it doesn't take so long for it to load things?

the problem is that there is no space in the memory...
are u running many programs at the same time?
if u still face the prob then try to reinstall the software... if it still doesnt work then nothing can be done...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

hi lehel,
One of the strange thing I notice when you use their built in objects are that they put in a LOT of white space into your code. Check the size of your ASP file. Remember that ASP files are pure text and so, if it seems unreasonably large, that means plenty of white space was added unintentionally. I once had a file that took about 45 seconds to load... and found that the ASP file was 5.5Mb ... TEXT! When I switch view (in interDev) from object to text, I found a lot of white space. After deleting the whitespaces (find/replace), the file was only 150k ... and I lived happily ever after ... dunno why interDev added so much spaces... it was a mystery till today...

regards,
- Joseph
====================

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back