Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why Pictures Pleaced Disappear when re-opening AI File

Status
Not open for further replies.

maritan

Technical User
May 6, 2003
TH
HI, I am a fairly new user of AI 9 & 10. I'd noticed that when i place a picture from Photoshop, then save that artwork as AI file. The pictures i'd placed earlier tend to disappear if i re-opened the AI file again. I'd tried to do some tricks (deleting the bounding box of that picture, then undo, picture appears!) and eventually, they did appear again. BUt this shouldnt be happening since i need the printshop to see the pictures right away when they open the file.

Please advice why this happens. Pictures are not in the right layer? NOte: once pictures placed, i would do effects on them eg. feathering around the edges etc. Do all these effects i did contribute to their disapperance?

When you save the file do you embed the image becuase if it is linked, that may be why the placed image is dissapearing. When you save check the include links box. Or try saving the picture in photoshop (if u have it) and then open the file in illustrator (instead of placing it) that might solve your problem. Maybe try saving it as an EPS file too? Hope it works.

Why are you placing these photos in Illustrator? Why aren't you adding the feathering effects in Photoshop?

PlaceEmbed should work for you.(It might increase the size of your AI file though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back