Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why number "10" character appear on the top,left corner of my printout of Panasonic KX-P11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_85

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2021
MY
Why number "10" character appear on the top,left corner of my printout of Panasonic KX-P1121
-Windows 10 PC
-parallel to parallel printer cable

NO10_dqejfi_rmyl6z.jpg

What are you printing? A document, spreadsheet or is this the output from the package? If it is the output of a package, what package is it? If it is a spreadsheet or document, is the 10 in the header?

Think about your question - if someone asked you a question like that, what would you want to know? Please provide more information so that the question can be answered.

Wow, old school! [bigsmile]

Option 1:

One cause of that can be using the wrong printer driver. That '10' could be a printer control character that's being sent to the printer, but not being interpreted correctly. Old dot matrix printers use ANSI control sequences to do things like form feeds, line feeds, and character positioning. If you use a printer driver that isn't an exact match for your printer, it will still try to print what is sent to it, so it would try to print any control sequences that it didn't understand.

Option 2:

What app are you printing from? As xwb says, you could have it defined in a header for the document. Or the app could be assuming specific control characters for the printer.

Option 3:

If you are printing pre-prepared documents, that '10' could actually be in the document.

The bottom line is, a little more information would help.

I side with SamBones on option 2.

A Chr$ (10) or chr(10) would typically, but not absolutely, be a line feed. If the syntax in the form template is not correct, you would get a visible printed "10" instead of a control character "10" that would be one line feed. This is different than Chr$ (13) carriage return. Several Chr$ (10) commands are often used in a series to create a header space if a form itself does not have a layout space to account for the perforated margin. Where it appears at the top of the form, it kind of points to someone laying out the voucher form header.

How is the form layout stored? Can you access it and see if there is a format/syntax error in the control character layout template?

Does the software for the voucher allow for a set-up string to be sent to the printer? The extra line feed could be a syntax error in that set-up string.

It may also be worth a check of the emulation mode and see if it is Epson or IBM. The emulation can be in conflict with the driver being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back