Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why No Add Command Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

amboswell

Programmer
Aug 25, 2011
US
We are running Crystal Enterprise using server based JDBC connections to Oracle. Why is there no 'Add Command' button in the Data Source Manager. I have researched this for a few days now and can't find anything except 'Certain databases are not supported like Sybase, Db2 . . .'.

Thanks in advance - Bert Boswell

You've actually got the answer - JDBC connections are one of the connection types where commands are not supported. Is there a particular reason why you're using JDBC instead of a native Oracle connection? The native Oracle connection is faster.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

I have tried 'Connection by Vendor\Oracle\Oracle 11\Oracle OCI' also with no 'Add Command' button being displayed. Is that the native Oracle connection that you are talking about?

Thanks - Bert

Ok, taking a step back here..... When you say "Crystal Enterprise", what do you mean? Is it the pre-BusinessObjects Crystal Enterprise software or is it the Crystal for Enterprise tool that runs on BI 4.x?

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks Dell,

I have 'Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4' version 14.0.4.
We are running BO 4.0.
I have heard but have not substantiated that BO 4.1 is required.

Bert

In Crystal for Enterprise 4.0, you cannot connect directly to the database - you MUST go through a universe that has been designed in the Information Design Tool (IDT). So, the universe connection needs to be set correctly. There is no Add Command option in this version.

-Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back