Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

why my T1 channels disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

konchamp

IS-IT--Management
Aug 4, 2005
US
I've got an Option 61c and maybe once or twice a year this happens. I get a call that all incoming calls get the busy signal. I login ld60 .stat and all my channels are DISL out....I have to en the channels to get them back up. Any ideas why it disables out of the blue on the entire loop?

Thanks,

Probably some maintenance taking place at the CO. A faster way to bring them up is DISL, then ENLL in LD60.

--
GHTROUT.com - Help for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators
--

You dont say whether you have a straight T1 or PRI circuit(s). If you check your DTA and/or DTI errors, you may be able to find out exactly what is causing your problems, so that should be 1st on your TODO list after bringing the circuit back up.

As GHTROUT stated, most often, issues like this are CO related (maint after hours), due to your local telco running some sort of maintenance (and they will never tell you).

If you have PRI circuits with D-Channels: go to LD 96 and stat your DCH's. The response should look something like this:
>ld 96
DCH000
.stat dch
DCH 004 : OPER EST ACTV AUTO DES : OPT_61C

Check that your DCH setting is for AUTO. That way, once the D-Channel re-establishes, the DCH and hopefully your loop will auto recover.

ENL AUTO x (DCH)

Keep in mind, the problem 'could' be telco, but it could also be clocking or hardware on your side. It wouldnt hurt to go into LD 60 and type LCNT to see if you are getting clocking errors. Sometime the circuits will shut down when a certain criteria has been exceeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back