Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why multiple copies of iexplore.exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficeAnimal

Technical User
Jun 4, 2009
AU
I had Task Manager (XP) up when I started Internet Explorer 8. I noticed two copies of the exe file appeared; one of them with stable memory usage of 14K-odd and the other with a varying usage of 100+K. When I opened an new window to come to Tek-Tips I got a third copy with a usage of around 70K.

Can someone tell me what is going on?

Thanks

"Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster is a maniac?."
George Carlin

Many web sits will open a new instance of IE when you click on a link. You can also open a new copy any time you double-click on the shortcut.

Thanks folks. I was just wondering if something strange was going on because I seemed to have an extra copy of IE running.

"Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster is a maniac?."
George Carlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back