Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why isn't "send to" from Microsoft Apps working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gozer

Programmer
Oct 25, 2000
US
Another one, I just can't figure out. I have outlook 98 on my terminal servers as well as the full Office 97 suite. I've set up a profile for my outlook for myself but when I try to "send to" from Word or Excel, it doesn't recognize the profile I set up so I have to create a new one. However, after I create that new profile, I get the Microsoft Exchange error: The object cannot be found which is followed by Microsoft Word error: Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure: "Unspecified error." Well that sure is informative. Again, any help would be killer. Thanks.

Scott
sguzman@wimi.uwservices.com

I used to see this in O97 environments - every site I visit these days uses O2k, and doesn't have this issue.

The order of installation of the products is important;

Install Outlook 97 with Office 97, then upgrade to Outlook 98.

Try this on your test server first, then rebuild (sorry!) the production server(s) giving this problem.

Or you MAY find that simply re-installing Outlook 98 and re-running the ACS helps.

Whatever you try, I would advise against doing this "live". Microsoft's upgrades aren't quite as reliable as we'd all like them to be ;-)

Hope this helps

I also found these TechNet articles which may help/confuse matters further:

Q209928
Q223626
Q224053

Interesting that it CAN still happen in O2k. These articles read like Microsoft are aware that it happens sometimes, but they're not too sure why :cool:

Actually, those did indeed confuse me further... HOWEVER! It brought me down the correct path. Just for future reference for those out there, the correct article for me in this case was Q248791 titled: "XCLN: Send To from Office 97 Application Doesn't Work on Windows Terminal Server". All it says to do is change one registry setting. I may as well paste it here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/Windows Messaging Subsystem/Simple MAPI- CMC/SendNoteUI = 1

The default value is zero. Setting the value to one allows you to send mail from Office 97 applications using Outlook 97.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Scott Guzman
sguzman@wimi.uwservices.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back