Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why is yahoo mail and IE not getting along???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiggerDaKat

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2003
US
We have a few Win2k and win98 PC's, all with IE 6.0 SP1 that are experiencing this problem:

When we login to yahoo mail and press "compose", it just hangs....pressing reload a few times may bring up the new mail screen, but usually it just hangs until I force the browser closed.

Also, if I'm lucky enough to get the compose screen to come up or if I reply to a message...and press the "To" or "insert addresses" buttons, I will get the popup box but it will be blank.

I have already tried the following:
1) reinstalled IE 6
2) registered the usual dll's that are recommended in this newsgroup in order to fix popup problems
3) Ran adaware and installed spybot
4) ran hijack this! and removed any toolbars and bad registry entries
5) reinstalled windows and reinstalled SP4 over the existing installation

Aside from wiping out the hard drive and reloading, I'm stumped. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance for your help.

Eric

Yes, we are using a sonicwall Soho3.
We are allowing access of all ports out of the firewall to the internet and denying all ports, except for PCanywhere (port forwarding)from the outside into the LAN.

I've had good luck fixing some strange IE problems with Microsoft's mcrepair utility. It replaces the Asycfilt.dll
Oleaut32.dll,Olepro32.dll, and Stdole2.tlb files to version 2.40.4515. This program was originally intended to fix a Microsoft Money problem, I think, but the files thta are replaced are used by a LOT of Microsoft programs, including Internet Explorer. Give it a whirl, just remember to back up your current copies of these files first in case there's a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back