Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why is the time-zone resetting on CE8- /Will hot-fix help

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicam

Technical User
Jun 25, 2002
US
On Crystal Magement Console the time zone was set to match the server ( where Crystal services are running) in a multi time-zone user environment. Sometimes after service restart or server reboot the time zone is reset to inital value.

Does anyone know how to prevent it from resetting. (It results in scheduled reports containing no data since time zone reflects the next day and report is picking up current days data)

The maintenance release has not been downloaded. It resolves another time zone problem. Does anyone recommend downloading it?

Thanks -

Service packs are generally a good idea.

I'm not sure what you mean by it resets to the initial value, isn't the initial value the server value?

And what does the user's time-zone have to do with the server's value?

-k

Thank you for the quick reply and advice.

Let me backtrack to answer some of your questions

- what happened is after Crystal Enterprise was installed on a Win2K server in NY (server has time zone GMT - Eastern Time- U.S and Canada).

It was noticed when some scheduled reports had no data, that the Crystal Enterprise Set Time Zone option was showing (GMT, No DST) Casablanca, Moldavia. Subsequent test with another server and another copy of CE8 software showed the same time zone default.

After changing the Time Zone in Set Time Zone to Eastern Time it sometimes changes back to Casablanca time when the services are restarted or server rebooted.

The idea is to permanently change this value to Eastern. I cannot find anything in help or on the Crystal Web Site

Thanks again...

That is the whitepaper i saw. It doesn't seem to be exactly the same problem but we are going to try the sp1 download.-
thanks again-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back