Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why is my user account changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krbam

Technical User
Jan 14, 2003
US
I work in an agency that has a Windows domain. Our servers are Windows 2003 and all the users have windows xp. Because of some of our inhouse apps we always make the users admins of their own machines. Lately I have been getting complaints from users about things not working like they "used to". What I have found in all cases is the domain user acount on each machine has been removed from the local administrators group and placed in the Debugger Users group. I would like to know WHAT is doing this. I am certain it is not the users themselves - for various reasons that I won't go into. Most of these users are NOT developers and so do not have any development software on their machines.
A very annoying little thing....that comes up repeatedly

You picked the wrong Group to be inclusive in the local Administrators offerings.

You likely chose one of the default MS-Groups dealing with .NET and the upgrades to .NET have reverted the associations.

It is not a simple chore, other than manually, to include Domain Administrators as members of the local Group Administrators. Use either:

. Freeware, and excellent:
-or-

. Purchase the Win2k Resource kit, and follow the instructions below:

I don't have any groups in the Local Admins group. I simply add a user to the local admin group on their machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back