Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why is my browser called when completing the Publish wizard? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

emaduddeen

Programmer
Mar 22, 2007
US
Hi Everyone,

I noticed something I did not expect when using the Publish wizard to publish for a CD. After it finished, my Firefox browser loaded up and it tried to load a file but I don't know why.

I noticed that all of the necessary files are in the application's publish folder but later I will try to install the application on another PC to see if it goes OK.

Is there any way to stop the browser from loading?

Truly,
Emad

Hi,

I think you must have the deployment web page option enabled in your publishing options.
This is how to change it in VS 2008:

In your Solution Explorer select MyProject node (i.e. if your project is called App1 then underneath the App1 node there should be a myproject node) and right click you should get a popup with open. select the open and you will get the project screen.

There will be tabs on the left hand side of this screen open the Publish tab.

Click the Options... button this will bring up the Publish Options dialog.

Open the Deployment section of the dialog here you will see the following options:

Automatically generate deployment web page after every publish

Open Deployment web page after publish

uncheck both of them.

Hi waddellg,

Thanks for the help.

It worked!

Truly,
Emad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor