Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why is it typing in the I bar??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisOz

Technical User
Mar 23, 2003
AU
Hi Ocassionaly Like Now I will be typing away. As I am not a touch typer I look up and notice it has stopped typing at the prompt but is typing wherever the I bar is grrrr.
My only work around is to put the cursor in a non text area. While this a solution it doesnt fix it. My spelling is bad enough without extra help.
Any ideas what the problem is????
Thnx
Chris

Are you using a laptop with a touch pad?

This happens to me all the time when I am typing because on Dell laptops at least a quick touch on the touchpad is interpreted as a left mouse click, which positions the typing cursor at the current mouse cursor if it is in the text input area.

What I have done is disable the touchpad in the BIOS on my own laptop because I always use an external mouse anyway.

Jock

i would also suggest moving mouse cursor to the taskbar if you dont disable the touchpad. I hate the mouse on laptops if you leave it on a clickable spot it actually seems to auto click after several seconds.

Ooh thanks guys could be...... I will look for both of these solutions.
Thnx Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back