Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why is DID Busy on Concurrent Call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCM400Guy

Technical User
May 31, 2008
US
Recently provisioned PRI not working properly. Target line 241 setup to receive 4 digits (2600). 1st call will ring and can see in BCM monitor but second call gets busy signal. Essentially it will receive only 1 call at a time. If I change the receive digits to another DID (2602)all works fine. what could be causing this to happen? Also all other programmed targets working as expected. I also tried to reassign (2600) to another target line (248) and no dice. Any help greatly appreciated. BCM400 4.0 Latest Patches.

Check tagged line programming. Is it programmer to give busy tone or fw to prime when busy? How many line appearances are on phone?

It's programmed as: if busy fw to prime. If I change 2600 to 0300 (or any other digits) we have it works fine. Could the 2600 digits be conflicting somewhere? I called telco and waited on hold forever for them to point the finger my way and blame me. I just need help on where to look. The sets all use xxx-xxx-2600 as OLI to dial out. Here we use all 10 digits for outgoing. Works fine for outgoing. I'm stuck and need help.

What is the prime programed as. 2600? Is that a DN and active?
To reassign to another 241 can not have any recived of 2600 in it.

Problem is not with the telco as they just send digits and you've confirmed that they're doing that. Make sure the set where you have the set ringing is not set for "DND on Busy" in capabilities. Add more than one ringing appearance, or add a different set as the prime set. To test, assign the line to ring on multiple sets.

Cook1082 Prime is programmed as 470. 2600 is received digits from telco that won't receive more than 1 call at a time. Again If I change receive digits to any other digits we have it works fine currently set to 0300 and no problems at all. I have also removed 2600 from target 241 and tried 248, 250, 251 bypassing auto attendant setting DN to ring& appr with no luck. Oldestgeek: We have a ICC setup on target 241 Whereby Auto Attendeant answers the phone and customers can choose customer service queue or sales queue. Here calls are stacked until answered. Route will work with any other digits that we have except 2600. 2601 routes to target 242 our fax machine which is DN 269&270 works fine. Target 243 routes to 4 analog lines DN 271-274 works fine. And so does everything else. What could conflict with 2600 to make it not work? As stated digits are being received properly. Any help appreciated. We have advertised the 2600 and would like to use it.

On a PRI, there is something called "virtual groups" that the Telco can program to restrict the number of simultaneous calls for any given number even though you have 23 channels to use. They are employed (when requested) to make sure there are talk paths available for other inbound or outbound calls. You don't run into it very often, but they do exist. Problem is, a lot of CO techs don't even know what they are or how they're used. Your symptoms sound like this is exactly what's happening. If that group is set to only 1 call for that number, that's all you'll get no matter how many idle channels there are on the PRI or how the BCM is programmed. They will send a busy to the caller too.

I once had a number that wouldn't ring in no matter what we did. Problem turned out to be the telco had one virtual group forwarded to another one and it never did hit the pbx even though they insisted they were sending the calls. I argued with the CO for over a week who kept saying they were sending the calls and it was not their problem. Only an escallation up two levels finally got someone who figured it out. Never did get an apology from that guy either!!!!!!!!

Did you try making the target line ring on multiple sets just to test? What does BCM monitor show when you make the second call? You can ask the co to put a monitor on the circuit and tell you what the reject message is. If they're not seeing a reject message on the d-channel, then the call is not even getting to the PRI so it would be their problem.

Telcodog I will push that issue with the telco first thing in the AM. Its the only thing that makes sense to me.
Oldestgeek I don't think setting multiple sets to ring will help because the path works with any of the other 49 DID's we have. (I did test a few not all but 2601 and 2602 work fine.) BCM Monitor does not register second call. e.g. I place first call and you see alerting and pickup and second concurrent call gets rapid busy signal and does not register in bcm monitor. if I change digits from 2600 to lets say 2601 I have seen 4 or five calls stacked in bcm monitor using the same target 241, 248 or whatever. In good faith I will however try your idea anyway. at this point I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Thank you for your input. I am forced to solve this issue so again I will add any Ideas from anyone are welcomed and will be explored.

Probably a silly question but how many intercom keys are on the set? If you set forward busy to another working phone does the call rollover or is there still a busy signal?

Sets have multiple intercom keys. both 1140e and T7316E. If I set forward busy like you suggest it will rollover with any set of receive digits except (2600). Right now we are using receive digits of (0300) and all is working fine. I am about to call telco and try to resolve as telcodog suggested in earlier post. I will follow up on the post with resolve if their even is one. wish me luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back