Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why is a deleted policy still active and running jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

btpoy

MIS
Aug 7, 2003
US
I deleted a policy called Tower A from Netbackup 6.0MP4 server and when I look at the activity monitor I see the policy running and objects being backed up. How do I get rid of this unwanted policy? I can't see it in the policy list.

Is it still running?

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states something as certain, that does not make it a fact and that is truth.

It does not appear to be running today

Generate a list of all policies and search for that policy name. You can run bppllist -allpolicies to get the lists.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states something as certain, that does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Perhaps you may have rsolved this issue, but if not, What you need to do is very simple.
Just do a stop and start of the netbackup process, that will refresh your Policy List. i.e
On your backup master server, do this as root:
#/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/netbackup stop
#/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/netbackup start

Go back to your Remote Console and launch the Console again and your scheduled backups in the night will run without that Policy. It's gone!

Dennis Ojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back