Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why i2002 comes up but has no dial tone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfall

Technical User
Jan 18, 2006
CA
I have used 2 Contivity 1010 to build a branch tunnel between the main site with BCM400 R4 and a branch with 2 i2002 IP sets. The phone could come up, but it works perfect just about the first couple of minutes. After that once you press intercom, there is no dial tone, when you dial someone, you can't hear ringing and the conversation, but the other end can hear you. Then however you reboot the IP set many times, reconnect VPN tunnel would not make it work again. Same time the internet was fine and VPN tunnel was connected all right.
Any idea what wrong with the phone.

Always learn from someone, something and somewhere......
Michael C

How many and what type of sets in total do you have. What other applications are you running on the system...Call Ctr etc? You may not have enough DSP resources. What DS30 split are u using? Or it could be a CODEC issue.

Have you enabled the H.323 alg in the VPN routers?

To Dasheen: Thx, In total they have only 25 IP sets include WLAN 2211 sets and i2002 Desktop IP sets, so the resource is enough. The Codec now is Auto, before tried G.729, same issue. Any other suggest?

To MagnaRGP: Thx. I did NOT enable H.323, and I've never seen that option in Contivity settings. Let me do some research on it.

I think some of the older ones had H.323 ALG. Newer ones have SIP and FTP ALG's.

Turn them both on on both sides and see if that helps.

check your ms in IP resources,the BCM default is 30ms for all three settings and the Branch is 20ms.With that you will get one-way conversations.So change the settings in the Branch to 30ms.

Hi Crash101, where I can see the ms of Branch? Branch has only IP set and Contivity box.

Michael C

Crash was thinking about Branch Office/SRG settings. There's nothing for you to change at the branch.

Thanks MagnaRGP.

I made some changes follow the instruction but did not work.

I did find the place where has ALG settings, only has SNMP and SIP ALG, I turn them both on. Also I enabled another option called 'hair-pinning' right below those ALG settings.

And I called clent after to make a test, same situation.

Any further suggestions?

Michael C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back