Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why I have reboot router after VPN connection to reconnect to ISP

Status
Not open for further replies.

extoocee1

Technical User
Apr 9, 2010
US
Why do you I have reboot the router after I release from the vpn connection to my company. I am connected through a lan cable and after I release the vpn , I cannot access my ISP provider internet until reboot my router. Do you know why? However it does not happen on wireless.

Are you maintaining an IP address after you disconnect from your company VPN? Next time you release the VPN connection, open a command prompt on your computer and run the command ipconfig and see you if your network interface still has a valid IP address on your LAN.

Joey
CCNA, MCSA 2003, MCP, A+, Network+, Wireless#

I failed to fully explained myself. This only happens when I switch back to my personal computer. So I disconnect the vpn and unhook my work laptop and setup personal pc. Then at that point I no longer can obtain an IP address and have to reboot the router.

Is it anything similar to what is discussed in this thread?

Lost Internet connection when I VPN in to work?
thread1583-1478346

If you give your home machine a new Static IP Address rather than having one obtained automatically does that pacify the Router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back