Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why I answer questions on this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimandja

Programmer
Apr 29, 2002
US
People have asked why I write to this forum. The answer is very simple.

1. Ever since I started programming my little Coco (Radio Shack Color Computer) many years ago, a fascinating aspect of coding, for me, was debugging. It can be very frustrating when you "just know" that a piece of code should work as intended, but doesn't. Then, there is the relief and recognition when the problem is found and corrected. I love helping to bring this relief to others.

2. One thing I never stopped doing all those years is learning. Short of picking up a book and studying, the best way of learning that I know of is trying to figure things out. Every question I ever answered here made me think and made me research the answer. I can't think of a better way to learn.

3. For every answer I give, I know my peers are there to go over it. Do you know of a better way to get your answer validated?

4. Oh, and the stars? Well, why not? It spices things up. I like spicy food. You?

Dimandja

I like your post. Might I suggest that you post it again in the "Ethics in IT" forum.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Done. Red hot forum!
Thanks, Ed.

Dimandja

Great attitude. Congratulation, thanks and all of the very best!

Dimandja, That's the positive attitude.. I like this.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back