Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why doesn't TimePhaseData read correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piedpiper11

Technical User
Apr 16, 2013
US
Can anyone explain to me why there are values reported for ActualWork when there shouldn't be in the following situation?

I'm working with a dummy MPP that I created and I've assigned Work hours to the first seven tasks (through WBS 1.1.7). When you switch to the Task Usage view, you can see that I've manually entered some ActualWork hours for the first 4 assignments (through WBS 1.1.4) but left blank the rest. TaskUsage view shows this correctly, but when I run a simple VBA program to read the TimePhasedData, it shows >0 values in ActualWork for all assignments that have any Work on them; including the assignments where I didn't enter an ActualWork number. I'm currently working through Rod Gill's wonderful book on VBA where I got the code orignally, but I'm a bit of a newbie to Project VBA generally. Run the macro called SRVersionTimePhasedDataTest() to see the results that I am confused about.

Using MSP 2013 Pro on a Win7 system
File can be accessed here:

Scott

Oops - nevermind. I figured it out. My code only changed a label, but not the actual variable to ActualWork. It works fine with the correction.

Scott

Amazing what a little sleep can do for the brain :)

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back