Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why doesn't the top of my Tabbed form show without scrolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcoder54

Technical User
Jul 2, 2002
US
Hi folks:

I have inherited a tabbed form that takes the entire page. I have to scroll down a bit when opening it to see the tabs.

Why oh Why.... and how to solve

thanks - Larry

See if any aspect of your controls are in the form header. Or see is the form header is being shown. If that fails, check the page header and see if it has controls or is visible.

Try clicking in the gray area on top, to the right of the last Tab. You should see only 1 set of sizing handles. Now click and drag the tabs down lower.

Still no fly. I noticed that the scroll bar on the left is about 1/4 of an inch down - the same amount the tabs take up. When I open the form I just have to go to the scroll bar and drag it up a bit. Just sort of annoying. Any other ideas??

Thanks again - Larry

Hi:

You'll solve the problem by reducing the veritcal size of your tab control, and by being sure you don't have a "forgotten" or "orphan" control on the form below the tab control.

The tallest page in the tab control will govern the minimum height of the entire control. You may have to rework each page until you get it short enough to allow the entire form to show. Reduce the vertical spacing, using a smaller type font, put more controls on the same line, etc.

Another thing--check the toolbars that are displayed. You can use a macro or code to hide toolbars that might be forcing the top of your form behind top menu bar. You can turn off the status bar at the bottom in Tools=>Start up, then click off the status bar.

Hope some of this helps, Gus Brunston 8-: An old PICKer, using Access2000. I manage Suggestions welcome. padregus@attbi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back