Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why doesn't the audio play after i import my video clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbzbt

ISP
Dec 11, 2006
GB
The audio doesn't play from the video clip. It only plays the video. When i open the video clip up in Windows Movie Maker, the audio from the video plays but it doesn't on Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 :( Can anyone please help?

Have you waited a while to see if it plays later? If you import a movie that has the audio in a different format than what you have selected for the project (e.g. 48 kb/s vs 32 kb/s) then it will have to modify the audio. You can tell when it is doing this by the message "Conforming audio" or something like that in the lower right corner. Depending on the your machine, and the length of the clip, this could take several minutes. For example, on my 3 GHz machine, a 1-hour video loaded as a single clip might take 10 minutes or more to do this processing after I import.

ok, i found out it is because the file format is not supported. So i had to convert it and it now works! thanks by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back