Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why does Windows Update Delay download of files ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salimwng

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2002
MU
Hello,

I installed Windows 2000 Pro with Service Pack 4 on a new PC ( Intel Pentium 4-3Ghz, 1 Gig Mem DDR3 and 2 HDisk 80 Gig. Everything was working fine. When i performed Windows Update and set everything up-to-date (Critical Updates, recommended updates, Vulnerabilities, etc, etc), i noticed that when i perform a download, i obtain the "Save As" when ALL THE DOWNLOAD has been completed. I re-started the PC several times and perform other downloads, all react the same way, that is i get the "Save As" window only when the download has been completed.

Previously, one could see the status bar and have a visual on the download, avg xfer speed, time remaining. After the Windows Update, things seems to change.

Is there a way i can see the Status bar of the actual download window during download of a program and NOT after downloading of the program ?

Thank you
Salim

Could somehow you're using the Windows Update Catalog as opposed to the Windows Update Service?

Thanks for replying.

I used the Windows Update Service. The link is ;

Please note that when i refer to download of files, this apply to any files that i download from the net.

Kind regards.
Salim

Have you tried going into I/E settings and restoring defaults on the Advanced tab?

Also try clicking Default Level on the Security tab and Reset Web Settings on the Programs tab. All the tabs can be found in the I/E settings control panel.

Hope that works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back