Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

why does the Macro Box keep popping up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big1934

Programmer
Jul 1, 2009
US
when i hit F5 to run in a form code view, how to stop the macro window from popping up and stopping the program.
3 years off of vba , i can´t get past these little forgotten things. thanks

Usualy, when you click "F5" it is to run a macro saved in your current workbook or other, depending on what environment you are...

The macro window SHOULD pop up..

If you want to execute a specific sub or User form you need to simply press the little "play button", while having your cursor in the specific sub or user form.

"Knowing that you know is the greatest sign of stupidity, knowing that you are ignorant is the best proof of intelligence.

Please replace macro by module

"Knowing that you know is the greatest sign of stupidity, knowing that you are ignorant is the best proof of intelligence.

perfect thanks, i do not want use macros justs modules could could not remember why that macro box kept coming up. been doing 2 much MS sql where i am addcted to F5 for execute. thank u both!!!!!!!

hmmm, i did exactly as you said, ItIsHardToProgram, and its still popping up the macro box when i click the play no matter where i place the cursor.hmmmm Access 2003

More details may help. You will get the macro dialog if you F5 (or click the Run button) when you are in a Function. Is this possibly what is happening?

Gerry

Not to be a pedant, Gerry, but that only happens if your cursor is not in a Public Function. If it is, the function will run as normal.

Try this:

Make a new module.

Public Function NoOneLikesASmartarse()
Msgbox "That Vappy's an annoying ^&*^!!!!"
End Function

Place your cursor anywhere withing the Function.. End Function bock and hit F1.

Told ya so! :p

Very handy for debugging. Hit F8 instead and you'll step through the code. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back